General Plan of Activities
In order to achieve the goals expressed in its Terms of Reference, the WG is
organizing concrete activities within its 4-year time plan.
Below we list our proposed activities planned up to 2012 and we mark in green activities that have already started
and are on-going. This activity plan will be updated and augmented continuously. Remarks and proposals, including new activities, are
welcomed and should be sent to the .
In our activities mentioned below we will co-operate with other ISPRS WGs and Technical Commissions, ISPRS National, Regional and Sustaining Members,
as well as WGs on education of Sister and other related Societies, and other national and international
organizations (e.g. UN, World Bank,
Space Agencies, International Space University) involved in education and training.
Preparation of annual reports for ISPRS, as well as preparation of reports on WG-cosponsored events and WG news to be published in the ISPRS
Organisation of a Business Meeting during the Technical Commission
VIII Symposium and participation in Com. VIII Business Meetings, incl. formulation
of WG-related resolutions for the next ISPRS Congress.
- Regular exchange of information with the WG members through letters.
- Establishment of a WEB page for the working group.
- Announcement on our WEB page of
symposiums, seminors, and workshops in our fields..
- Announcement on our WEB page of publications in our fields (books, journals, proceedings, paper collections,
bibliographic collections etc.) .
- Active participation in the Technical Commission VIII Symposium,
August 2010, Kyoto and the 22nd ISPRS Congress, August 2012,
- Organisation of events (workshops, seminars, tutorials) especially within the frame of other ISPRS events and aiming at covering regional
needs of developing countries. Currently, the following events are planned: